Welcome to the Midlands Maidens Community Forum – The Mothership
Samsung Problems With SD Cards
Ever since February time, following two updates to the Android system, we were all experiencing problems with the SD cards.
Nothing appeared to have changed, apart from there were now multiple notifications that we'd not got write access to our SD cards.
There was still stuff in the SD cards, but nothing could be added to them.
Checking them on the PC, it showed that nothing was wrong with the cards, but after two minutes back in the phone, back came the notifications that they needed write permissions.
WeFix were sent out by Samsung, who still couldn’t find anything wrong with the phones, and about half an hour after they left, back came the notifications.
Had another quick chat with Samsung support, who eventually decided that there was a problem with the SD cards, but as all SD cards from Samsung come with a 12-month warranty, we should just inform our network carrier and they would replace them.
Backed up the files from the old SD cards to the PC, phoned the network carrier up to say that there was a problem with the SD cards and as Samsung has a one year warranty on SD cards, could we have a few new ones, please?
The cards were sent out by first class post, popped them into the phones and they've worked fine ever since.
There have been one or two updates to the Android system since then, but not wanting to tempt fate, we always take out the SD cards before making any device changes.
It's a business doing pleasure with you!
The Midlands Maidens Community Forum is the official community page at Midlands Maidens, and is bound by the following rules:
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites that do not have our express permission to do so, will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Users will be pre-moderated for their first two posts only to ensure that no spammers have got past our security systems.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow community members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other community users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. Profanity or pornography is allowed, however derogatory remarks to other members will result in you getting banned.
- Illegal content. Any posts containing illegal content will be deleted and/or reported. Check the Internet Watch Foundation for a full list of illegal content within the UK.